Taking steps to secure your future allows you to live in the moment and enjoy life with your family and friends. We’ve all experienced tough times of late, but that doesn’t mean our future wants and needs can’t be planned for.
Now is not the time to put your plans on hold. With sensible financial planning, you can accommodate your goals and achieve your dreams.
Getting a clear focus on what you want your future to look like is where it all begins.
Our financial life planning service ‘Life Without Limits’ helps you understand what is important to you and why. We help you identify what needs to be put in place to maintain the lifestyle you want for yourself and your family.
Planning for your future
Before you begin goal setting, you need to review your current situation. Do you have debts, loans, or credit cards that are maxed out? Taking time to discover where you are today is a vital step in planning for a secure future. Without this knowledge, how can you begin to plan or understand where you want to be?
Think about the financial goals you want to set. Does this include college funds for the kids, retiring early, buying a new home or car, travelling, or paying off your debts? Once you identify your priorities, you can begin to visualise your goals.
I talk about setting achievable financial goals all the time with my clients as it’s an integral step in planning for a better future. Understanding and appreciating those goals can take some brainstorming and a guiding, supportive hand. Through my DREAM programme, I help you decide on your short, medium, or long term goals.
What’s included in the DREAM programme?
- Discovery Meeting – Where you want to be
- Realise Meeting – Identify your goals
- Everest Meeting – Assess any challenges
- Action Meeting – Implementation of your plan
- Your resources and goal commitment
- The Financial Plan
- Investment Personality Profile
- Investment Strategy
- Protecting Your Assets
- Product Portfolio
- Half Yearly Progress Check
- Ongoing Financial Tips, Planning, Awareness
How can you start to plan for tomorrow?
Here are a few tips to get you started on the road to financial planning.
- Track your spending – start by making a log of everything you spend in a typical week or month so you can look out for drains on your cash flow. A daily coffee and parking charges or subscriptions you no longer need add up over time.
- Consolidate your debts – make a list of all the outstanding debts you have, including your credit cards, high-interest loans, student loan, mortgage, etc. It might seem scary seeing your debts as one big number, but this is how you can begin to break it down into manageable payments.
- Review your savings – look at the investments you have, check on any savings plans you are entitled to through work, and begin to build a portfolio. Be honest about any lack of savings. It is okay, sometimes making ends meet takes precedence over opening a savings account.
There will always be challenges to overcome, but having a clear vision of your current situation and focusing on where you want to be gives you the tools to plan for the financial future you deserve. Brazil Financial can support you to overcome any challenges.
Implementing action steps to help you live for today and plan for tomorrow is where a financial advisor can help. At Brazil Financial, we believe in giving our clients more than simple advice on finances.
Our holistic approach includes mentoring to bring together your financial and life plans and guiding you along every step of the way.
As a dedicated financial planning firm, we aim to inspire people through financial planning and coaching to make positive changes in your life.
Our financial life planning service, ‘Life Without Limits,’ helps you to plan for tomorrow.
Your goals are unique to you and your family, and our DREAM methodology looks at your finances regarding those values, dreams, and objectives while building a trusted relationship.
Discover – Where are you today, and where do you want to be?
Realise – Identify your priorities and visualise your goals
Everest – There will be challenges, but we help you overcome them
Action – Agree and implement the financial plan to get you to where you want to be
Mentorship – Bringing together your financial and life plans
If you’re ready to live the DREAM, get in touch for a chat.
Need more help?
Live for today and plan for tomorrow through your financial life plan with Ireland’s first RLP® financial life planner, Rory. To discuss how his programme can shape your future and allow you to live a life without limits, get in touch today.
Financial Life Planning sessions are conducted face to face or over Zoom/Skype/Teams. Book your call today HERE.