Goal setting may feel better suited to a business brainstorming session or a motivational platform, but understanding your short, medium, and long term goals creates enormous benefits for your financial future.
What are your financial goals?
Make a note of all your dreams that require financial funding. It might include a new car, holiday home, paying off your mortgage, or retiring early. Some of these goals will take more planning than others, but without doing the groundwork, you’ll never be able to understand the impact achieving these goals will have on your life.
Let’s break up your goals into manageable chunks.
Short-term financial goals:
- Paying off your credit cards
- Buying a new product (phone/television/fridge freezer, etc.)
- Home improvements
- Regular payments (mortgage/rent/student loans, etc.)
Medium-term financial goals (these are the goals that take a bit longer to achieve):
- Buying a house
- Paying for a wedding
- Starting a family
- Paying off a student loan
- Big holiday/dream trip
Long-term financial goals (these are the goals you achieve throughout your life):
- Paying off your mortgage
- Retirement fund
- Savings fund
Once you understand what your financial goals are, you can begin to plan accordingly. Building a financial dream takes patience, but Brazil Financial Planning supports you through it all.
Planning your financial goals.
- Create a spending budget – now you’ve written your goals down on paper, you’ll see where your priorities are. If your fridge freezer has broken down, then a replacement may need to take precedence over some of your other medium-term goals like saving for a dream holiday. However, planning and budgeting can help you create an emergency fund for such eventualities.
- Pay off your credit cards – don’t be lulled into believing you’re better off than you are. The high rates of interest on credit card debt will impact heavily on your budgeting. Create a plan of action to pay off your credit card as soon as possible and free up the interest payments.
- Separate your money into pots – when you set goals for your financial future, it helps to set up different accounts for each purpose. For example, you could create a ‘holiday fund’ account and a ‘new car’ account.
Our financial life planning service, ‘Life Without Limits,’ helps you understand what is most important to you and why. Your goals are unique to you and your family. Identifying these needs and wants allows you to create and maintain the lifestyle you and your family desire.
For some people, that might include living in the moment and planning for short term goals. For others, it might be creating a plan of action for a long term financial future. Either way, we go on this journey with you, supporting you every step of the way. Our DREAM methodology looks at your finances in terms of your values, dreams, and objectives.
Discover – Where are you today, and where do you want to be?
Realise – Identify your priorities and visualise your goals
Everest – There will be challenges, but we help you overcome them
Action – Agree and implement the financial plan to get you to where you want to be
Mentorship – Bringing together your financial and life plans and guiding you along the way
If you’re ready to live the DREAM, get in touch for a chat.
What’s included in the DREAM programme?
- Discovery Meeting – Where you want to be
- Realise Meeting – Identify your goals
- Everest Meeting – Assess any challenges
- Action Meeting – Implementation of your plan
- Your resources and goal commitment
- The Financial Plan
- Investment Personality Profile
- Investment Strategy
- Protecting Your Assets
- Product Portfolio
- Half Yearly Progress Check
- Ongoing Financial Tips, Planning, Awareness
Need more help?
Create your financial life plan with Ireland’s first RLP® financial life planner, Rory, to discuss how his programme can shape your future and allow you to live a life without limits.
Financial Life Planning sessions are conducted face to face or over Zoom/Skype/Teams. Book your call today HERE.